Saturday, April 4, 2009

Adieu!!!!!

Time is a luxury that we humans don’t have. Four years back, time was measured in grades, hence then, it was semesters that quantified it. Well, that is about to change for many of my friends here in college as they are about to bid adieu. As you might have guessed, this post of mine is reserved for my friends who added all the flavors to my college life which is turning out to be a bikini cocktail. If not for them and a few of my classmates and juniors, my college life might end up much like my hostel food. Need I say more?

The Rendezvous:

My college use to be an open house. Trust me it really was when we were in the first year! If not for the literal sense, at least people had no problems to get back to hostel even at unearthly hours after a movie at sathy’s famed IMAX’S but the only option they had was to jump the fence. Let’s plunge headlong into the list of the notorious pranksters, the peters, the Johnny Bravos, the Gunners, the red devils, the motofreaks, the manish malhotras and the desperados.

The MeCH TRIO:

AnKaN:


This guy will be your best mate if you address him as HUNKan every time, he might respond to you if you call him Ankan and he’ll go absolutely berserk if you call him Gong. Jokes apart, Ankan is BIT’s Hariharan. Ankan, a Bong, in fact a proud Bengali is one bloke who can go to extremes as far as his humor goes and has immense potential in exercising his vocal chords. I can never forget our IIT face painting competition and the stay at his home was absolute joy. I need to mention Ankan’s parents and his brother Arnab. We guys had a fantastic stay at his place, amazing hospitality and great food. A great mate and at times, he’ll be too rude a self critic and that has confounded many amongst us.





Vinay:

Vinay is ankan’s roomie and they both have the ability to amaze you with sheer brilliance and can also make you gobsmacked with bizarre mokkais. To be precise, vinay is smart, very smart guy. Whatever he does, he does it with interest and purpose and that is something I personally envied of this guy. Very clear of his ideology and conducts his life as he wishes. There is always something that is informative when you talk to this fella. He is an ardent football fan and an Arsenal Fan, a man for all weathers and a no fuss guy.










Sandheep:
Sandy, sandu are a few names that can invite this guy’s attention. Sandy is an F1 and Football freak. He knows much about Ferrari than Stefano domenicalli does. He won’t mind giving a few suggestions regarding the team’s formations to Sir Alex Ferguson as well. Sandy can speak loud, really loud. I mean it! Sandy is down to earth. He won’t hesitate to admit his ignorance and that is something I like in him. I have had his company in all the major cultural competitions that I have been to and I have enjoyed every bit of it.









The Mixed Bag:


Prabhu Shankar:

Pappu , chitappu, brubbu, coach etc……. are few of his nick names. Prabhu is BIT’s chella pillai. Everyone knows him. Hold on a second, let me put it this way, he knows everyone. He is a natural story teller. The best part is that it is not intentional. A cricket maniac and that’s a common trait amongst us. He can go on and on about cricket (in fact he can do it on any topic). He is an extreme hard worker and can fit into any role, be it a technocrat, a throw ball coach and obviously a cricket expert. He is a Genial Giant.




Saravannan:

Pottu, loosu kounda (that’s how ska calls him) are his nick names. A true eco freak, very passionate about animals, pets, plants and all that is related to flora and fauna. A humble person and an enthusiastic participant in all activities. All the major treks in our college’s Eco club were possible, truly because of this guy. His koundar accent is something that’ll stay in my mind for long. His hideout is my college’s cafeteria and you can find him there, nine out of ten times after college hours.


Prashanth:


Shanth is a motofreak and goes crazy for cars and bikes. He would rather be working in a pit stop rather than studying network protocols. An athlete, a good friend of mine and off late for some reason he badly wants to murder someone just because he feels bored. I got to know him only in the latter half of my hostel life and since then we have partnered in morning jogs, afternoon class bunks and a few cricket’ O7 matches in ska’s system.






Varun:

I call him Vroomm, a name inspired from Chetan Bhagat’s One Night at the Call Centre. He is BIT’s student’s voice in any important function and don’t mistake him to be a students head. He sings the lullaby in every function from the MC desk. He adores sleep much more than his B.E degree and he is up there to compete with ska as far as afternoon naps go. I first met him in the English department for a MC rehearsal in the first year and even then, he was the king of that trade. Varun, along with his gang mates relish pulling my legs and obviously ska’s too.



Gokul:

Goka has a fantastic dressing sense much like maali, prashanth and few above mentioned characters. He is studious, a quite operator and a good dancer. He taught me the important step for the ringa ringa part in our recent “flirt with danger attempt” (I mean, our hostel day dance).















Mahesh:



Maggi, matter are few of his famed nick names. This guy had his base in the hills for sometime and was literally chucked down to the plains. Jokes apart, mahesh can prove to be a silent assassin and he is adept at pulling other’s pants down and still act as if nothing had happened. Matter, is an easygoing person and makes girls go crazy over his hair style.















Anantharaman:


Anda is Bio-tech’s Bheem boy. Anda is varun’s roomie and both come from the same school as well. I know Anda right from my school days when we use to go to the same cricket coach for daily nets. I was surprised to see this guy when I joined the college. He is The Big B (big brat). A famous Rotarian in our college and can get very candid at times.














Marshal
:
Malli is the chocolate boy of our gang. His dressing is impeccable and carries a soft demeanor and obviously, a ladies man. He is very polite and has a clean sheet in whatever he does. A brand freak and like a few others, an absolute no fuss guy. Malli shares a good rapport with ambi and he is ambi’s roomie.








Tarun:

Appachu still has this habit of irritating me with the question that he asks me every weekend “dude how come you are still in hostel instead of going home?” (Well! To be honest quite a few of my friends, juniors and seniors would ask me the same question and that makes no difference to me) Tarun rarely talks and barely comments on anything. He has his own world out in the backyard of mysore and coorg. He too is an automobile freak and his room walls stand testimony to this fact.











Kadambari:


Well KD is the personification of Bharathi’s pudumai penn! She has enough ammunition in her armory to rattle down everything and anything that is thrown at her. Her response would be as blatant as one could imagine. She is a knowledge hub and would not hesitate to help you out if her help is sought. A very good friend of mine and history says that she was in my batch and in my school. A Bhavan’ite!











Amrutha:

She is a real brat. She is one person who would start joshing casually and then can go up to the extent of making you completely mum with her spontaneous responses. She is one of my very few friends from the opposite gender and she really is a worthy friend of mine. A chatter box and a die hard MSD fan! .








The list is non-exhaustive and I only hope that those names that I have missed out don’t get cross with me. A statement is beautiful only if it is complete. On that note, separation is as important as instigation. Any relationship derives meaning not on the proximity but on the longevity (wow! I never knew I would come up such an authentic, awesome one-liner!). Anyways, let the best of luck accompany you in all endeavors.




3 comments:

Prabhu Shankar said...

Thanks a lot mate!!!..I really had a wounderfull time wid u all..Hope to be in touch with u all through out my life..Thanks Gowri for d blog tat u ve created for us... would be missing u all!!! have in touch

Anonymous said...

Neat post, da.Thanks :) Enjoyed reading it. Am missing all of you already, considering am the only one of the gang away from college!
Incidentally, am looking positively sick (pun unintended) in photo! :) I swear I don't look so bad now (everyone reading this, check MY blog out to find out how I look now:)

a.erakkil said...

ur real good with words da!